In 1935 steps were taken to aquire property and erect a Municipal Building at the corner of Covert and Chester Avenues, consisting of police and fire headquarters, Village offices and an auditorium. Dedication of this building took place on May 30, 1936. The total land and building cost was $44,500 of which approximately $17,000 was a United States grant.
In 1987, an extension was added to the south side of the Municipal Building. In 2002, the south side of the Municipal Building had another exension added. These extensions were needed to house the fire department's new trucks and emergency vehicles and to provide space for an office fo the Chief of the Fire Department.