1) Perhaps the trash was placed after Department of Public Works crew passed by. Please make sure all items for pick up are placed by 6 a.m. Crews cannot go back for left trash as they continue on their route and then head to the dump to empty the garbage truck.
2) The Village crew may have not been able to access your garbage (perhaps a gate was locked etc.). If auch a condition exists, please have it corrected prior to the next collection. Sometimes gates are locked accidentally.
3) The items may be those that the Village does not collect (paint cans, batteries, computers). For more information call Town of Hempstead S.T.O.P. program at 516-378-2200 for dates and locations.
4) Leaves, grass clippings, and small branches are to be placed in a plastic bag and placed at the curb for pickup on your regular sanitation collection day.
5) If you have any construction material to be picked up such as toilets, vanities, counter-tops, drywall, wood etc., those items are to be taken by the construction company or placed in a dumpster (for which you need a permit) If you have a particular problem with this, please call Village Hall.
6) If you do not know your trash pick-up schedule, please refer to attached garbage collection schedule.
8) If you just moved in, the crew may not have realized that the house is occupied. Please be sure to call the Village Hall. We apologize for any oversight.
7) In case of snow, trash cans should be placed at curb. Crews are instructed not to enter a area that is hazardous, such as with ice.